Monday, October 11, 2010

Sin of the Day: Wrath

I don't feel qualified to right about today's sin: wrath, the desire to inflict harm upon others for harm caused upon oneself. Wrath is similar to revenge in its consequences, though it refers more to the internal qualities of the avenger in question. Revenge is the expression of one's wrath.

People try to screw me over, or they do petty things that irritate me but these acts are usually too petty to incur my wrath. And rightly so; if these trivialities were capable of enraging me so easily I would likely possess a forehead with more veins than Ms. Varicose Legs 2001.

Oddly enough, the heavenly virtue that corresponds to wrath is not forgiveness, magnanimity, nor mercy - it is patience. Perhaps the lesson therein is that these other acts cannot be achieved without the capacity to stop, take a deep breath and eat a cookie. Forgiveness may be virtuous but to do so without taking the time to consider it is nothing but stupidity.

I am not without wrath however; it is time to go and seek swift and merciless vengeance against  this god damn photocopier, who insists on mocking me with his paper jams and print-outs without any writing on them.


If you'll excuse me, it's time to introduce this photocopying bastard to a can of energy drink that some psycho left in a paint mixer.


And you will know my wrath is effervescent!

No comments:

Post a Comment