Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Capes

Why is it that the cape is seen as a ridiculous garment for regular people? At what point did it become the exclusive purview of flamboyant superheroes and megalomaniacal villians?

Everyone looks better when they are wind-tousled; doubly so when they have a cape billowing. I'm still puzzled as to why it's considered more trendy to have your thin tie blowing in the wind, but the cape is considered to be the height of cheesiness.

Unless you happen to be the Ballerina Man, capes add mystique and allure. Perhaps I want to look deep and dark without having any vampiric aspects, or self-loathing for said vampirism.


I went to a store earlier looking for capes, and I even asked several staff members for assistance. They just looked at me blankly like I was some kind of idiot; like I was deliberately and maliciously wasting their time with my pursuit of frivolous comic-book attire.


It's not comic book attire. I want a cape. If nothing else, it will look less stupid than my ninja outfit does; at least until I get my smoke bombs to work properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment