Monday, October 4, 2010

Honesty

I've often found that being honest leads to simplicity in life. People will always know where they stand with you when brutal honesty is used in all aspects.

There are two consequences of this lifestyle; the first is a dramatic decrease in people who want to spend time with you. This is actually a better thing than it sounds; I may end up with less friends but it does mean that the ones left either like me or can tolerate my abrasiveness.

All the others were people who may have liked the faux-identity that I would have been presenting, had I not been honest. In other words, I would have fake friends to match the fake personality constructed to get along with people.

The second consequence is that every conversation I have becomes far more fun and fascinating. There's no pretense and there's never any of the traditional "small talk". That doesn't mean that there aren't any inane or stupid conversations, only that everything that is going to be said will be filled with either ideas, humour or reminisces. The removal of the space-filler chat is, one again, my primary concern. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment