Saturday, October 23, 2010

Nudity - The Devil dances without pants!

I never understand why there is such mass hysteria whenever someone in the news goes commando, or better yet, completely starkers. This is especially prevalent in cases where there is a naked child.

I have a problem with the sexualisation of nudity. I have a problem with this. I have a problem with the notion that when anyone is naked, and there is a possibility of someone witnessing it, they must have a lascivious motivation. That the only purpose in nudity is sex.

The ancient Greeks competed in the first Olympics in the nuddy; the purpose being to have an entirely fair competition. The rich would gain no advantage from their status by having superior equipment, nor could they hide their identity through masks and cloaks. The result: a fair match for all, whether peasant or prince. There was no sexuality involved whatsoever - they had different conceptions of modesty when it came to states of undress, and whether or not they were right or wrong, they were able to make clear distinctions between nudity and sex.

I'm wondering which ultra-conservative tight arse prudish council of elders decided that it was immoral to be unclothed. I'm not advocating nudism by any means; I'm simply saying that it's wrong to ascribe motives of promiscuity and indecency for these.

Let me put it another way: imagine there are two naked guys running at you; both equally tall, hairy, loud and white. Which one should make you nervous?

The one with the erection.

No comments:

Post a Comment